Web site analytics provide an interesting, but often vague analysis of the activity on your website. For example, knowing that 1000 people visited your site during a specific time period and that the average number of pages they visited was three is nice. Knowing who those individuals are and which pages each of them visited would be better. In a similar manner, knowing your e-mail open and click rates offers a level of information, but fails to truly provide actionable lead generation knowledge. So how do we use analytics to guide lead generation?
While there isn’t a foolproof formula for identifying every visitor, experience combined with marketing automation tools, such as those utilized by ResponsePoint, can expand your level of knowledge to a degree far surpassing Google Analytics and/or e-mail click rates alone. In addition, these tools enable a broader range of program tracking that encompasses direct mail, events, trade shows, as well as website traffic and e-mail.
By leveraging a combination of tools and establishing a clear hierarchy of behaviors, ResponsePoint is able to help translate analytics into actionable lead generation activities in a way that delivers a greater return-on-investment. This is accomplished by providing call center and sales representatives with detailed information about the lead and prospect such as:
- How much time they spent viewing a particular product or service on your site
- The number of times the user visited these pages
- Details about promotional offers and incentives that brought them to your attention
- Resources such as white papers, brochures, videos, etc. that the prospect accessed and downloaded
- This enhanced knowledge of your prospects makes it possible to shape your response mechanisms and dramatically improve your lead generation activities. The result is greater focus on higher potential leads, a lower cost of sales and an increased close rate.